Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Changing it up

Well, my computer crashed several weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it had some sort of electrical surge (even with a surge protector!?) during a recent storm, and it had been acting funny ever since. Finally it died for good. I had all of my artwork, etc. backed up on discs so I didn't think it would be too much of a problem. I went out and bought a newer pc (it's so small and quiet!), but unfortunately not all of my old saved files will transfer to my new Vista! Argh.
But something good did come out of this. In the weeks that I was without a computer, I started doing more drawing & painting. I got inspired by some doodles I'd been doing of little birds and by a delicious looking cake and I painted "Sweetie Bird".

I have lots of ideas for other little birds and hope to continue on this path for a while! At least until I can figure out the new software on my computer to start making digital designs again! I actually am very excited about getting back to basics with my pens & brushes!