Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Another new design

This one is called "Night Lights". I lived on the 4th floor of an apartment building for the last five years - not much wildlife up that high in the city, except for birds, of course. :) Now that we've moved into the new place, I actually have a backyard - with trees, too! Growing up on lots of land, I didn't realize just how important this was until I didn't have it anymore. It is great to be woken up by birds instead of traffic, and to go to sleep watching fireflies instead of streetlights!
Last week I noticed the fireflies for the first time and there were tons of them! I remember catching one or two as a kid (which wasn't ever fun for me because I always felt guilty about bothering them and scared I'd accidentally hurt them), but I don't ever remember seeing THIS many. It was very cool and my cat and I enjoyed watching them with the lights off for a while.