Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Something New...

I signed up with Etsy a long while ago just to see what it was all about, but decided my stuff just wasn't quite right for it. Now I can't remember why I decided that, but I'm sure I had a good reason at the time... :) Every week I get Etsy updates in my emailbox, and they always have great tips and end up drawing me into the site to browse at everyone's fantastic work. I'm so impressed with the amount of creativity there! The more I do this, the more I think maybe it is time to give it a try and set up shop. Right now, my goal is to get one going by the holidays... this gives me a few months to work on things to actually put in the shop! I don't want to sell my watercolors, so I'm going to try my hand at canvas panels to start.


I did my first one yesterday - a replica of "Let's Patch Things Up" in fall colors. I knew it would be a lot different than watercolors, and at first I thought I didn't like it as much, but it turned out okay in the end (I'm never happy until my hand is cramping from adding the pen details anyway)! I need to work on doing backgrounds though... I'm used to leaving it white on watercolors, but I don't like that look on canvas, so that will be a work in progress!

If anyone has any starter advice about Etsy - I'd love to hear it! Just comment or email me!

1 comment:

  1. Your art is delightful and charming! I hope you will participate in IF soon :)

    ReplyDelete