Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Creative Tuesdays: Ideal Coffee/Tea Break

Confession - I don't drink coffee or tea on a regular basis.  But I can certainly appreciate their greatness, especially on a brisk, early, Autumn morning, or a cold, winter snow-day.  I guess you could say I'm more of a seasonal drinker...  :)  But, in an effort to enjoy more coffee at home, we did just buy our first coffee maker last December... right before I found out I was pregnant. So that effort has been on hold for 9 months.  I'm sure, soon enough (baby should be here soon!), I will be downing the coffee with the best of 'em.


Anyway, as I thought about the perfect coffee/tea break, what kept coming to mind is the one time of year that I always look forward to having a cup - Christmas morning.  I'm a Christmas fanatic - that's downplaying it, but there are no words to convey my insane excitement for this holiday.  Usually on Christmas morning, I'm at my grandparent's house, and a cup of coffee, which always tastes better when brewed by my Grandma, is the perfect way to start off the best day of the year.


This design is called "Cup of Cheer", and I'm now officially ready to pull out the Christmas music... (Oh, who am I kidding? They never get put away) and my ideal coffee is enjoyed in the quiet, too-early hours of Christmas morning, surrounded by the colors of gift wrap, the smell of pine, the glow of twinkling lights, the warmth of a wood stove, and a happy family. 

So thanks, Creative Tuesdays, for a great theme this week!  And readers, go check out all of the other fantastic ideas for coffee/tea breaks! 

15 comments:

  1. Love your Christmas coffee... so bright and cheery... I loved Christmas when my girls were little...it was magic. Have a lovely day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheerful and fun...a perfect coffee break for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no baby yet, I'm assuming. :)

    Love the festive coffee cup there. Very cute!
    You packed a ton of detail into that drawing!

    Yes, you will be drinking pot-fulls when you start those night time feedings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the christmas coffee mug, very festive indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what a great coffee cup! Full of color and surprise,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. enjoyed your warm memories of the perfect coffee break! Nice sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing better than a Holiday Tea or coffee.

    Just love your cuppa cheer!!!!!! Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect for this theme. I cannot draw just a painter. Loved the holiday story.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. You obviously gave this a lot of thought and it's such heart-warming thought! Your drawing is delightful, whimsical, colorful and so festive! Use it for your Christmas cards this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cheerful and lovley cuppa, bursting with goodness. Gorgeous, you have a lovely style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely memory to go along with the cheerful cup! I can hear the sleigh bells ringing now!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Christmas cup of coffee idea, and your drawing is absolutely delightful. In my mind, it's always time for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cup of cheer - I like that. I like the colors - makes one want to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tiffany, I absolutely adore your cheerful cup here1 And i LOVE xmas too! Wonderful combo. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete