Thursday, August 4, 2011

On a Personal Note...

I have been away too long! Sorry to leave you hanging.  I'm back though, and thought I'd let you in on what's been keeping me away!

New paintings this year have been few and far between... I found out in January that I was expecting my first child!  That's pretty much taken up a LOT of time this year. :)   Now that I'm in the home stretch (only around a month left!), I'm trying to get back in the habit of creating, updating my shop, and posting news here!  I left my teaching job recently to get ready for the baby... or as ready as I can get... and my plan is to stay home, be a full time parent, and get back to art!  I'm very excited about it all, but also know it won't be easy to find the balance at first.  So if my blog posts consist of baby pictures, and the only new items I'm posting are baby announcements, please bear with me. ;)


I've been keeping busy getting my house ready for a third person, and thanks to family it's getting done a lot easier than I thought.   I did have to forfeit my "art room" though, so finding space to paint may be a challenge.  So far (while painting some forest animals for the nursery) it's been my living room coffee table, which can't last.  I also know in a month, this will be the least of my worries!!

So stay tuned... Soon I'll be updating the promotions, adding new items to the shop, and hopefully able to accept custom requests again!

No comments:

Post a Comment