This is my Sunday Sketch... just didn't get a chance to post it yesterday! Hopefully it will evolve into a fun pumpkin party painting very soon! This is only my first sketch for Sunday Sketches (hosted this week by Heather at Rose Hill Designs - go check out her adorable sketch for this week!) but I hope to participate in many more!
I have Fall on the brain lately! I'm not a summer person at all, so I'm thrilled that in a few weeks it will be September and well on the way to cooler weather, beautiful colors, and all the best holidays!
I'm so excited for Halloween this year for a bunch of reasons:
1. I will be able eat candy. I haven't had sweets in way too long. Normally my husband is the one who eats the first round of candy we buy for the trick-or-treaters... then we have to go back to the store and buy candy all over again. This year we may have to make three trips...
2. I'll have an almost-two-month old to dress up. Oh, the cuteness. We already have several costumes ready to go. Let the torture begin. :)
3. Last year, we hit a major after Halloween sale and bought a ton of stuff for next to nothing. We went from having one pumpkin candle as our yearly decoration to now having two full tubs of stuff ready to be used and really get in the spirit of things.
4. Our annual black spaghetti, homemade meatballs, Phantom wine, and a scary movie. (If you haven't tried it, the black spaghetti ends up looking like worms after you cook it - perfect for a spooky dinner. Last year I took leftovers to my Grandma and she wouldn't even eat it. Great Halloween fun.)
5. And lastly, after Halloween, we're one step closer to Christmas, which I'm fanatical about. I love my holidays. Let the festivities (and holiday inspired designs) begin!