Friday, September 2, 2011

New Design & Paint Party Friday: Candy Canes

I was in the holiday spirit, so why not add another design to get ready for the holiday rush!  This one's called Candy Canes -  Two cardinals enjoying a festive tree with lights, a nest on top, and decorated with candy canes (which kind of reminds me of the Cat in the Hat. I may need to rethink using red and white stripes again...)!  

This is also my entry for Paint Party Friday - stop by and check out all the other wonderful designs posted on  the blog!















Candy Canes card
Candy Canes

11 comments:

  1. I like it but yep - I thought cat in a hat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET! Love the red and white striped tree trunk...very creative and fresh! :) The two birdies at the top are the crowning jewels! Nothing wrong with a Cat in the Hat...I love that! Happy PPF POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy PPF, loving your Christmas theme especially that terrific tree. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh but the Cat in the Hat is sooooo cool!!! I love your candy cane tree!!! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the stripey tree, didn't think Cat at all, I just thought well, of course candy canes would grow on a striped tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy PPF ~ Your Christmas tree is delightful! Don't change a thing! Love it! ~ namaste, CArol (Share the Creative Journey( ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little birdies are simply enchanting. Love the whole design! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute, cute, cute! and candy cane all the way, don't worry about the cat-in-the-hat association.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tree and those birdies are darling. I actually didn't think of Cat in the Hat until you said it...and everyone loves Dr. Seuss anyways. :) Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stripes - what a great tree!

    ReplyDelete