Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Sketches



 Trying to get back into the swing of things after being away from creating and blogging is not easy, especially with my almost seven-month-old beginning to crawl!   But, I'm determined, and next Sunday I will have a brand spanking new sketch to show for it.  But today, I'm going back to some old ones... 

As the days here get warmer (yay, Spring!), part of our daily routine is going for a long afternoon walk. On the lucky days when Leo falls asleep in his stroller, I park him in the driveway and open up the garage in what seems like a futile attempt to clean it out. 

Last week I found an old box of my college sketchbooks for various art classes, so I thought I'd share a completely different artistic me for Sunday Sketches.  As I looked through all of the pages, I started to think maybe I should get back to this more realistic style.  I had almost convinced myself to take a hiatus from my birds & trees when I saw it...


Tucked in corner of a page there was a bird... probably the first one I ever drew in the style I still use today. I have no recollection of drawing it at all, and it wasn't until many, many years later that I started drawing and painting the birds on a regular basis.  I'm taking it as a sign that I should stick with my designs... besides, I much prefer drawing trees happy and full of life than this sketch I found...

Forest Fire

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Wonderful sketches ~ very talented ~ and yes do keep it up ~ know how busy a 7 month old (adorable) can be ~ You will both benefit from your talent ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful to see your sketches.
    i love the feeling in the faces of the man and woman on the top row!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sketches...glad you shared them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it when we find signs like that. Here's to you spreading your wings through many more bird pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how cool that you kept your sketches! i enjoyed seeing them..nice work!

      Delete
  5. How lovely to come across that bird sketch! I'm trying to get back into drawing, too, although I don't have nearly as good as an excuse as you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, these sketches are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, Tiffany. Your sketches are fabulous. Wow! Seriously impressed. I don't do portraits well. WONDEFUL job! :)

    And welcome back again. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely drawings and isn't it great to go over your old artwork. Happy SS

    ReplyDelete